What are we talking about and why? Watch this short documentary
It is business unusual ~ We are fixing charity with business.
IDI is all about innovations that leave a sustainable impact on the communities. We are a social entrepreneurial organisation that draws upon business techniques and private sector approaches to find solutions to social, cultural or environmental problems. This is a model of community development that seeks to involve beneficiary citizens and professionals to build a stronger and more resilient local community. It is development that seeks to empower individuals and groups of people by providing them with the skills they need to effect change in their own communities. These skills are created through the formation of large social groups working for a common agenda through a practical example at IDI and its sister entities that:-
- Models high effectiveness, using minimum resources, clean technology and low overhead operations.
- Focus activities within marginalized communities.
- Invest in Malawians and their ideas through participatory development.
- Ensure projects produce tangible and practical long term social and economic results.
- Promote Malawian led and managed field project support.
- Achieve the highest levels of openness and transparency.
- Support and develop an equal opportunity, results driven staff that rewards hard work, dedication to the mission, and personal success.
Irrigation and Climate Smart Agriculture